Tag: 上海乌克兰菜

High court proceedings initiated against Steve Collins over accidental death

first_imgFacebook Linkedin Previous article#newmusic Post Punk Podge & The Technohippies – An Lucht SiúilNext articleDeath of a Salesman Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Twitter Email WhatsApp Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Advertisement TAGSlimerickMaura O’Briensteve collins Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” HIGH Court proceedings have been initiated against Steve Collins over causing the accidental death of a Limerick pensioner that he rolled over last year.Proceedings have been issued to Mr Collins by the Conor O’Sullivan, the 26-year-old grandson of deceased grandmother Maura O’Brien (89) of Milford Grange, Castletroy, Limerick over her death on February 17, 2016.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Conor O’Sullivan had driven his grandmother to the Ulster Bank at Castletroy in Limerick as the 89-year-old had been planning her finances for a proposed trip to the US to visit her sister.Ms O’Brien left her grandson’s vehicle and walked behind Steve Collins parked jeep in the car park.Second later, Mr Collins started his jeep and proceeded to reverse out of the parking space.Ms O’Brien was subsequently rolled over by Mr Collins in his 2.7tonne Range Rover jeep. She died as a result of her extensive and traumatic injuries.Last week, a jury at Limerick Coroner’s Court returned a verdict of accidental death after a two-day hearing into Ms O’Brien’s death.Limerick Coroner John McNamara had been told by Mr Collins in his evidence that he engaged the reverse gear, checked his mirrors and windows as he slowly moved off.However the jeep stopped after a few feet and he felt the wheels lift upwards. When he got out, he saw that Mrs O’Brien was trapped underneath.He told the court that he did not see her when he started reversing and that his reversing sensors and camera “didn’t show up anything”.PSV inspector Garda Redy said he found no defects when he inspected Mr Collins’ 2010 registered jeep but noticed that a reversing camera took between 14 and 26 seconds to engage if the jeep was put into reverse from a parked position.Forensic collision inspector Garda Conor McDermott said there were no indents on the jeep’s bodywork to suggest a heavy impact. The only areas he could clearly determine had struck Mrs O’Brien were the rear passenger wheel and the underside of the jeep at the rear axel and wishbone.He said there was “insufficient evidence to suggest that the pedestrian was upright,” and that Mrs O’Brien, who used a walking stick, would be classed as a “vulnerable road user”.Ms O’Brien would have “offered no match for the jeep”.Witnesses said Mr Collins was left traumatised at the scene in the aftermath of what had happened.The jury at Limerick coroner’s court returned a verdict of accidental death.This week it has emerged that Conor O’Sullivan initiated High Court civil proceedings against Mr Collins for personal damages.See more Limerick news here WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Proceedings have been initiated at the High Court against Steve Collins NewsHigh court proceedings initiated against Steve Collins over accidental deathBy Staff Reporter – October 23, 2017 7989 last_img read more

Read More High court proceedings initiated against Steve Collins over accidental death

Summary of Michael Noonan’s Budget 2013 measures

first_img Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Facebook Summary of Michael Noonan’s Budget 2013 measures WhatsApp PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Finance Minister Michael Noonan has been presenting Budget 2013 to the Dail.It contained tax raising measures amounting to one and a quarter billion euro and cuts in spending amounting to 2.2 billion.Central to budget was the much flagged property tax. It will kick in next summer and will be charged at 0.18 percent of the value of your home. A so called mansion tax for houses valued at over a million euro will also be introduced at a rate of 0.25 percent.Local authorities are to be given the power to vary the tax by 15 percent above or below the national rate to better match their funding needs.But there’s bad news if you own more than one house. Next year you will have to pay the second home charge along with the new property tax. The second home charge will be phased out in 2014.There are to be changes to PRSI contributions. The 127 euro weekly tax free allowance is to be scrapped with PRSI being paid on all income instead.Landlords and people with shares will not escape either. PRSI is now to be charged on rental income and share earnings.Pensioners are also in the firing line. Those with high incomes are to be hit with a 3 point increase in the Universal Social Charge on incomes over 60,000 euro.Savers will see DIRT on interest go up to 33 percent from thirty, other capital taxes such as capital gains tax are also being increasedMotor tax is going up as is VRT however petrol and diesel have been spared any rise.Some of the so called old reliable’s haven’t escaped either. Cigarettes are to increase by 10 cent per pack of 20, A pint of beer or cider will increase by 10 cent from Midnight but if your a wine drinker, a bottle is going up by one euro. Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twittercenter_img Pinterest Google+ Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme WhatsApp By News Highland – December 5, 2012 News Previous articleBudget 2013 – as it unfoldedNext articleDonegal Deputy Pearse Doherty slams Budget 2013 News Highland HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Google+ Facebooklast_img read more

Read More Summary of Michael Noonan’s Budget 2013 measures

Man charged with murder at Donegal District Court

first_img Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Twitter By News Highland – February 26, 2018 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Previous article16 people waiting on a bed at LUH todayNext articleNorth West Greenway Network launched today News Highland Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Pinterest WhatsApp Facebook Facebook Twittercenter_img Google+ WhatsApp Man charged with murder at Donegal District Court Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Jimmy Loughlin in Sligo over the weekend.31 year-old Richard McLoughlin, with an address at Citygate apartments, Connolly Street Sligo appeared before Donegal District Court this morning.Garda Thomas James Gallagher gave evidence to the court of arrest, charge and caution and said Mr. McLoughlin made no reply to the charge.He has been remanded in custody to appear in Harristown District Court on next Friday 2nd of March.Judge Kevin Kilraine ordered that he is to receive all the medical and psychiatric treatment needed.Free legal aid was granted in the case. Homepage BannerNews Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Community Enhancement Programme open for applicationslast_img read more

Read More Man charged with murder at Donegal District Court

Four bodies recovered, 29 people missing after boat fire near Santa Cruz Island, California

first_imgTwitter/@VCFD_PIO(SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) — Ventura County officials “fear numerous fatalities” as rescue operations are underway for a boat on fire near Santa Cruz Island, California, Monday morning, public information officer Bill Nash told ABC News.Four bodies were recovered in the water near the 75-foot commercial diving boat, according to the United States Coast Guard.Earlier, five crew members were rescued on a good Samaritan pleasure craft called Great Escape. Twenty-nine people remain missing.Captain Monica Rochester, U.S. Coast Guard Los Angeles Long Beach Sector Commander, said that the boat’s five crew members were awake at the time of the fire and jumped off of the boat into the water.Nash said that officials are hoping people went over the side of the boat and made it to Santa Cruz. However, the fire happened overnight, and the sleeping quarters were below deck. Nash said they “greatly fear loss of life here.”Crews from the Coast Guard, Santa Barbara Fire Department, Ventura County Fire Department and Vessel Assist responded to a mayday call that was heard at about 3:15 a.m.“The fire department crews were fighting the fire when the vessel sank 20 yards off shore in 64 feet of water,” according to the Coast Guard’s statement.“The vessel was reported as being on fire,” the Los Angeles office of the U.S. Coast Guard tweeted earlier Monday. They added that “a group of crew members has been rescued (one with minor injuries) and efforts continue to evacuate the remaining passengers.”Rochester said the vessel was in “full compliance.”“We are working deliberately with the vessel owner/operator, who is with us at the time working on a plan to conduct further assistance for his vessel,” she said.The Ventura County Fire Department public information officers said in a tweet that their department responded to the fire at about 3:30 a.m. They said the Coast Guard is “helping support rescue operations for people aboard a dive boat.”The boat was drifting toward Santa Cruz Island, per the Santa Barbara Fire Department, and it was anchored when the fire started to burn. It currently has a portion of the bow sticking out of the water, per the Coast Guard.Rochester said that the teams are actively conducting search and rescue efforts.This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reservedlast_img read more

Read More Four bodies recovered, 29 people missing after boat fire near Santa Cruz Island, California