Tag: 上海419龙凤凰网

Foreign staff to ease shortage of nurses

first_img The National Health Service has announced two recruitment drives that will increase the number of foreign staff working in the United Kingdom.Health Secretary Alan Milburn signed an agreement to employ 5,000 Spanish nurses with 75 due to start two-year contracts early next year in hospitals in the north west.The 75 will take part in a pilot project, which if successful,will see the remainder also employed.The initiative is aimed at easing the shortage of UK nurses.The nurses will take a three-month crash course introducing them to Britain and the NHS. The NHS is also looking to employ doctors and dentists who are living in the UK with refugee status.Health minister John Denham said, “During the six years it takes to train a doctor, there may be as many as 2,000 refugees in this country who have already qualified as doctors abroad.”It makes both moral and economic sense to use their skills to the to the fullest possible extent.”He added that the refugee doctors and dentists would receive extra training if necessary to enable them to work within the NHS. Foreign staff to ease shortage of nursesOn 14 Nov 2000 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. last_img read more

Read More Foreign staff to ease shortage of nurses

5th Grade Bulldogs Capture Dirt Road Championship

first_imgThe 5th Grade Batesville Bulldogs basketball team traveled to South Ripley High School on Sunday afternoon and captured the Dirt Road Basketball League Tournament Championship in convincing fashion.The team entered Championship Sunday as the number one seed and had to win three games in succession to defend their crown.In game one of the day, the Bulldogs jumped all over East Central Black leading 30-2 at half time and cruising to a 45-9 victory.The game one victory gave the Bulldogs a chance against the host, South Ripley Raiders.  The contest was close after the first quarter of play, but a Bulldog 15-2 run put the youngsters up 21-6 at the half, where they would pull away for a comfortable 38-15 victory to advance to the championship game vs Connersville.The Spartans and Bulldogs faced off earlier in the month in the Auxiliary Gym at Batesville in game that went to the wire with the Bulldogs prevailing.  After the teams traded baskets the first few minutes, the Bulldogs simply imposed their will and ran away from the Spartans for a 39-21 win to earn the back to back championship.Scoring for the Bulldogs in the three game set were Cayden Drake with 31 points, William Kuisel 19, Brayden Maple 17, Caleb Mohr 12, Landon Raver 11, Jaiden Kuria 10, Trenton Jordan 8, Owen Enneking and Lincoln Garrett 5 each and Ethan Schneider 4.The Bulldogs (26-3) will be in action next weekend when they travel to Bloomington to participate in the Midwest Youth Tournament Play Hard tournament against solid competition from Southern Indiana.Congratulations!!!  Go Bulldogs!!!Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Paul Drake.last_img read more

Read More 5th Grade Bulldogs Capture Dirt Road Championship

Mourinho feels ‘contempt’ for Conte

first_imgConte, who was cleared by a court of any wrongdoing in 2016, retorted by calling Mourinho a “little man”.– Sanchez is ‘phenomenal’ –Meanwhile, Mourinho, whose side host Stoke in the Premier League on Monday, has refused to rule out a January move for Alexis Sanchez, describing the Arsenal forward as a “phenomenal” player.But the United manager does not want to be drawn on his chances of beating Manchester City to a deal, saying it is not “ethical” to talk about another club’s player in such a way.City are favourites to sign Sanchez, who is out of contract at the end of this season and has made clear he has no intention of staying at Arsenal.Mourinho, whose squad has just returned from a warm-weather training camp in Dubai, said: “I don’t know if it’s ethical or correct to be speaking about players of other clubs.“If somebody speaks of one of my players to tell we are interested, I wouldn’t be very happy.“Sanchez is an Arsenal player. Probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours so I don’t think it’s correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.“At the general level, what I can say is myself and the Manchester United board, and the owners, we don’t believe a lot in the January market.“But in relation to Alexis Sanchez, I don’t say a word. The only word I can say is he is a phenomenal player. Apart from that, he is an Arsenal player and I feel I shouldn’t say much more than this.”Share on: WhatsApp Manchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Jose Mourinho on Friday said he felt “contempt” for Chelsea manager Antonio Conte as their toxic public row continues to escalate.The Manchester United manager has traded insults with his Chelsea counterpart over the past two weeks, with their dispute becoming increasingly bitter.“I think when a person insults another you can expect a response. Or you can expect contempt,” Mourinho told reporters.“The first time he insulted me I had a response, a response that I know that touched the point where he really feels hurt.“Then he insulted me for a second time but now I change and now (I have) contempt. And for me contempt means the end of the story.”The enmity between the two men stretches back to early last season, with Mourinho accusing Conte of humiliating him with the scale of his celebrations as United fell to a 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge in October 2016.The two managers have continued to snipe at each other since then, with Ander Herrera sent off during a bad-tempered FA Cup quarter-final in London last March, as Conte accused United of trying to stop Eden Hazard by fouling him repeatedly.Conte has also criticised United’s spending, while Mourinho even mocked the Chelsea head coach for having a hair transplant.However, their comments have acquired more bite lately, beginning when Mourinho implied that Conte was a “clown” for his dramatic touchline celebrations, although he later claimed he was not referring specifically to the Italian.Conte then accused the United manager of going senile, with Mourinho responding by referring to the four-month suspension that Chelsea’s manager received in 2012 for failing to report match-fixing while at Siena.last_img read more

Read More Mourinho feels ‘contempt’ for Conte

Dragon Boats Glide On Budd Inlet

first_imgBy Kathryn MillhornNot many sports require dotting I’s before you can begin.  Or ‘eyes’, in the case of Dragon Boat races.  Legend has it that a dragon was carved in ancient China which was so realistic the artist refused to dot its eyes, for fear it would fly away.  When he did, at the urging of the people, away it soared, as do the magically carved and painted boats in each race hosted at the annual Saint Martin’s University’s Dragon Boat Festival.This year’s festival, to be held at Port Plaza on Budd Inlet Saturday, April 27, will be no different.  32 teams will compete:  12 competitive, 8 intermediate, and 12 community teams (with little or no experience).  Each team contains up to 20 rowers, with a drummer and steerperson, using boats provided by the Washington Dragon Boat Association.  Teams come from Seattle and Portland, as well as around Puget Sound and Olympia, and are comprised of high school teams, cancer survivors, retirees, businesses, a school district, and Tumwater city employees.  No formal training is required but community teams are required to attend 1-2 practices sessions (1 ½ hour each) while intermediate and competitive teams practice independently.  Participants in this free festival receive t-shirts and medals as well as a day filled with spectators, booths, and community.Josephine Yung, Saint Martin’s Vice President of the Office of International Programs and Development, facilitated the first such festival in 2005.  She has become a fan of the sport, acknowledging that “The more I learned about dragon boat racing, the more fascinated I was of the sport that traces back to two thousand years ago in China.  The event promotes cultural diversity, team-spirit and community togetherness.  I felt offering a fun, free, family-oriented cultural festival was a good way for Saint Martin’s University to give back to the community – a community that we have been a part of since 1895.”Anyone interested in dragon boating can try out practices for free courtesy of the Washington Dragon Boat Association.  In Olympia, volunteers meet at the Swantown Marina (1102 Marine Drive NE, Dock A) on Wednesday evenings or Sunday afternoons.  Questions can be directed to Shiela Marsh at 253-302-0316.  Life jackets and paddles are provided, dress to get splashed and bring a love of the water!But beware, paddling in the great Northwest has its crazy moments.  According to one practice log for the Sea Otters Dragon Boat Team:  “great practice today…. sun, when we left the dock, wind when we were out in the open, drenching rain as we were coasting into the dock and piercing hail as we were tying up… all on a Sunday afternoon!!…but it feels so good to be on the water!”Photos courtesy of Steven Herppich Photography Facebook101Tweet0Pin7last_img read more

Read More Dragon Boats Glide On Budd Inlet

RB Police Seek Suspect In Sexual Assault

first_imgRED BANK – Borough police are searching for Braulio Zeteno-Tiro, a 29-year-old borough resident who is wanted in connection with a sexual assault on an adult female that took place in the early morning hours of Dec. 3rdat a residence on West Westside Ave.According to police, Zenteno-Tiro knew the victim of the assault.The suspect is described as a Latino male, 200-220 pounds, with a stocky build, an olive complexion and short black hair.Police are asking anyone with information regarding Zenteno-Tiro’s whereabouts to contact Det. Juan Sardo at (732) 530-2700. Information may also be called in anonymously to the department’s tip line at (732) 450-9704.last_img read more

Read More RB Police Seek Suspect In Sexual Assault

Count Receives $31M For Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Replacement

first_imgBecause of its low clearance, Arnone said the NJ TRANSIT bridge “routinely gets hit by trucks traveling along County Route 52” and is in “substandard condition.” After working out details and talking to nearby community members through the earlier phases of the project, the county finds itself in the final design phase of the project. The plan is to be ready for construction by the end of the year, said Monmouth County Freeholder Director Thomas A. Arnone, who called the funding “much-needed” and “necessary” in a press release. “We are very excited about the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge replacement project,” said Rumson Mayor Joseph Hemphill. “Over many years, we have completed numerous projects with the county and have built a tremendous relationship with them. They always produced extremely quality products, and we look forward to the construction of a beautiful bridge. Its time has finally come.” Approved May 11 by the North Jersey TransportationPlanning Authority (NJTPA) Board of Trustees, the countyalso received $800,000 for an additional project in Holmdelto study Laurel Avenue. Dozens of vehicles have crashedinto the NJ TRANSIT rail line bridge over the road in thepast decade. The transition from the existing bridge to the new one will be done in the off-season to not interrupt the heavy summer traffic when anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 vehicles pass over the bridge each day. The new bridge will have one lane of traffic in each direction and will include wider sidewalks and shoulders. RUMSON-SEA BRIGHT BRIDGE Rumson and Sea Bright borough officials provided resolutions of support for the idea, as did the county freeholders. They also proposed some improvements to the Rumson Road and Ocean Avenue intersection near the bridge to “better accommodate” pedestrians and bicyclists, according to the county. FILE PHOTO The Rumson-Sea Bright bridge will soon be replaced with a new, moveable bridge, with federal funding approved May 11. LAUREL AVENUE RUMSON – Monmouth County was recently awarded $31 million in federal funding for the long-sought replacement of the Rumson-Sea Bright bridge spanning the Shrewsbury River. Plans for the bridge’s replacement arose after a 2013 study. Officials established multiple “practical conceptual alternatives” to the existing span. With help from the NJT-PA, state department of transportation, Federal Highway Administration, community members, local officials and permitting agencies, they developed a preliminary preferred alternative to replace the bridge with a new structure south of where it stands today, according to the county. With the additional $31 million in funding granted for the bridge’s replacement, the county has now received a total of $104 million over the years for the project. The existing bridge was originally built in 1950. It carries Rumson Road across the river to Sea Bright and serves as one of two evacuation and emergency routes during tidal flooding and coastal storms. But now, according to the county, it is aging and at the end of its service life. The article originally appeared in the May 21 – 27, 2020 print edition of The Two River Times. According to the county, Laurel Avenue, or County Route 52, is a major connection road between the Garden State Parkway and Route 35, serving residents of Holmdel and Middletown townships. There is “significant commercial activity” along the avenue, the county said. By Allison Perrine The problem area, however, is a point at the intersection of South Laurel Avenue and the NJ TRANSIT North Jersey Coast Line between Commons Way and Continental Boulevard, according to the county. There are also vertical clearance problems with the bridge, which is 12 feet, 5 inches above Laurel Avenue. The goal of the study is to identify and assess alternatives for the existing condition. “The purpose of this study is to develop and assess various alternatives for this grade separated railroad crossing and we will be working closely with NJ Transit and NJDOT for potential improvements,” said Arnone. last_img read more

Read More Count Receives $31M For Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge Replacement

Riders denied Cyclone Taylor title after losing 5-3 to Peninsula

first_imgBy The Nelson Daily SportsFor the second time in less than a month the Fernie Ghostriders have been denied a hockey title.Kyle Peterson scored twice to rally the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League champion Peninsula Panthers to a 5-3 victory over the host Ghostriders in the final of the 2011 Cyclone Taylor Cup Sunday at the Memorial Arena in the East Kootenay City.The Panthers now represent B.C. at the 2011 Keystone Cup, April 14-17 in Sherwood Park, Alta.Peterson’s two goals came in the second period, allowing the Panthers to erase a 3-2 deficit after Cale Wright scored for the Ghostriders seconds into the middle frame.Joe Densmore scored the only goal of the third period into an empty net to secure the win for Peninsula after Fernie staged a late-game rally, out shooting the Panthers 14-6. Fernie out shot the Panthers in the game 37-30.Scott Morrisseau and Connor McLaughlin scored first period goals for Fernie. Marshall Brome and Zach Mazo replied for Peninsula as the teams played to a 2-2 tie.Fernie, which lost in the semi final round of the KIJHL playoffs to the Castlegar Rebels, entered the final as the top seeded team following round robin play with a 2-0-1 record.Peninsula was second with a 1-0-2 mark.In the bronze medal contest, KIJHL champion Osoyoos Coyotes rode the 24-save performance of Kyle Laslo to shutout Pacific Junior Hockey League winner Richmond Sockeyes 3-0.Josh Gray scored twice for the Desert Dogs while team captain Thierry Martine added a single.After a scoreless first period Gray scored twice to give Osoyoos a 2-0 lead after 40 [email protected]last_img read more

Read More Riders denied Cyclone Taylor title after losing 5-3 to Peninsula